Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

THE STRONG ONE.....

Yes people, I am a "WOMAN OF STRENGTH".  I am strong because I have to be, not because I choose to be.  Most times you just have no choice but to be strong.  There is clearly a huge difference.  Now, I don't need to be a "Damsel in Distress", but I sure as heck am not trying to be the strong one for everybody until I'm worn out and run down.  Not gonna happen over here. 

Seriously who is that much of a beast that they are just so strong all of the time, by choice.  Please introduce me to that superhero!  They want to take all of the hits, beatings, trials, obstacles and struggles that life will toss them, then make time to save everybody else, ALL OF THE TIME?  *GTFOH*  That's a lie!  Please, never tell yourself that ugly lie.

Hey, this is how I truly feel.  Please do not praise me like I'm the strongest.  I need you to pay attention to me, so you can pick me up when I'm down.  What exactly is the point of keeping so many people in your  circle, around you or a part of your life, if all they do is see you as THE STRONG ONE?  Nah, I'm into teamwork so that won't work.  

That's why I say to people don't feel free to go claiming me as family or a friend unless you're up for the task, cause it's work! You're gonna help me out as needed, so get to supporting asap!  That "STRONG ONE" mindset is not a good look at all.  Who really wants to be the strong one with no relief?  What kind of crazy pressure are people putting on themselves?  Is life not so stressful or hard enough?  Do people really want that title too??? 


"The worst part about being strong is that no one ever ask if you're okay."
Hmmmmmmm.......Once again we struggle with our personal truth. Why are so called *strong* people waiting for anyone to ask if they are okay? I'm KING KONG strong without a doubt and I have no problem at all crying when I'm hurting. I have no problem asking for help or support when I'm going through hard times. I have no problem with moments of weakness because I know it is only temporary. 

It makes absolutely no sense to hold everyone down and not call on others to hold you up when you need somebody to uplift you or carry your load. Somebody is gonna come to my rescue cause this women of strength could use a break. WE ALL CAN! 

Tell people how you feel and let them know when you are sick and tired of being the strong one. There is no way that any person is strong all of the time. Keep pretending and people will assume you do not need their help or support. 

Don't act like you got this when you are on the verge of crumbling inside.  Being strong is being honest with yourself to say I'm done. I'm tired. I can't do this by myself. I can't go on like this any longer.  Being strong is having the right kind of support system in place so you don't have to carry any load when you get too weary.  


I'm strong when I have to be and I'm weak as hell when I can't take the stress of life anymore.  I'm also great at healing what hurts, moving on to the next experience and bouncing back when it's all good.  That's life, it is a balancing act and being the strong one 24 hours and 7 days a week is not living a spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally balanced life. 

*TRUTH*

No comments: