Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

"GREATNESS IN YOU" - AUTHOR OGWO DAVID EMENMENIKE

I believe strongly that greatness is in influence, and not necessarily in affluence. One thing I will define as greatness about myself is my ability to educate, inspire, motivate and encourage people to arise and achieve greatness.
AUTHOR OGWO DAVID EMENMENIKE'S INSPIRATION
I began to worry about people, youths who have failed to tap into their natural gifts. I once heard, “A talent wasted is a sin,” so I had to use mine to make others use theirs. I think that’s my major inspiration.
One of the biggest challenges I had to face was an event that happened around July this year. Like Abraham who was instructed by God to journey from the familiar to the unfamiliar, I had to do so.  It was a very big challenge for me to leave my comfort zone, to break away from the familiar and journey to the unfamiliar.  Again, unnecessary fear and inferiority complex were my pals when I was in my teens. I faced them and rode my fears like a wild stallion.  I won’t fail to mention not having enough money to produce some things that will interest nature and humanity.
One of my lessons is how to maintain my happiness meter when provoked. 
*Smiles*
ADVICE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
The first advice I have for the younger folks is for them to strive to discover the ‘why’ for their existence. One of the things the youth are known for is their strength. When purpose is known, strength will be utilized and talent will be maximized. They should find their passion and follow it. While I was growing up, an old folk told me, “Always do what you are afraid to do.” It is a high counsel that I would always give to the younger folks.  Concerning pitfalls, they should be careful over what they hear (who they sit under) and behold. These form thoughts, and we become what we think.
IDEA FOR BOOK TITLE
The idea was clear that it will be a book that will enlighten, equip, empower, enrich and inspire people in a way that no book on happiness has done. Though it was pretty hard to arrive at the topic, Happiness Recipe: Eat and Stay Happy. After much brainstorming on names that will fit the book, I finally chose that. 
The first title I had in mind when I started the book was “Why I Want you to be Happy”, but due to the fact that there are a lot of works on the theme happiness, I needed something catchy and attractive for my readers. I was convinced about my choice because whoever heard of it wanted to know more on how to cook, eat and stay happy. *Smiles*.
SOME CHALLENGES WITH WRITING
One of them was the Writer’s Block – the feeling when you find it difficult to write, though you have an idea on what to write.  Another challenge was the use and expression of words. Every writer wants to get the attention of the reader. He wants the reader to feel the impact of the book. I thank God that my use and expression of words were captivating.  Tajh Onuwaje, the writer of the foreword, after reading the manuscript, commented, “Your book is spirit-filled… you write from the heart”.  There are other challenges I overcame, but time and space won’t permit me to start listing them.
To me, being an author is a call – a call to educate, equip, encourage, enlighten, enliven, enrich, inspire and motivate all and sundry with your writings.
I have learned as a young man, to be responsible for my mistakes, failures, success and achievements.
MESSAGES IN THE BOOK: There are a lot of them in the book, but most importantly a man is as happy as he chooses to be. Yes, I want you to be happy! That’s why I wrote the book. But it is left for you to make that decision and choice to stay happy despite the overwhelming challenges of life.
PURPOSE RIGHT NOW IN LIFE
My purpose in this day and age is to contribute in making the system that drives the progress of humankind better through the power of words (written and spoken).
ADVICE TO UPCOMING WRITERS
Fellow writers, it’s not all about the writing style. It’s about the content and message. I believe we are silent teachers of the society, so let’s join hands and make lives better with our works.
WHO IS AUTHOR OGWO 
DAVID EMENMENIKE?
"Yes, I'm the product of God, but deep down in my soul, at my core, I am but a servant, serving God and man with
that which my Maker gave to me - my God-given gifts."
As a boy I was timid, fearful and had a bad self-image.  
As a man I am courageous, decisive, responsible wise and humble.
At my best I am a sage, motivator, writer, poet and an essayist.
***********************************************************************************
Written & expressed by 
AUTHOR OGWO 
DAVID EMENMENIKE
Book link:   http://bookstore.booktango.com/Products/SKU-000616775/happiness-recipe.aspx
Website:  http://demysterious.blogspot.com
Facebook:   facebook.com/ogwodavies
Twitter: twitter.com/ogwodavies (@ogwodavies)

No comments: