Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

"GREATNESS IN YOU" - AUTHOR ANDRE HARRISON

"From A Fatherless Father To His Sons"
AUTHOR ANDRE HARRISON
I consider myself a man that is constantly growing. In that growth what I realized about myself is that I like to help people. I am not perfect but I do have a heart to serve people. My relationship with God is a major part of that. I found God at 17 and haven't turned back since. Changed my life forever.
AN AUTHOR'S INSPIRATION
My sons are my biggest inspiration in writing my book. They teach me so much every day. They are my biggest supporters. My sons are the most important people to me on earth and I want to make them proud of me. I desire them to be greater than me so with every goal I achieve, it raises the bar for them to go even further.
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I HAVE EVER FACED WAS MY DIVORCE.
I got married at the age on 19. I loved my ex wife very much. Even at 19 I feel I was ready to be a husband. Marriage was a challenge but I was willing to overlook things and stay committed to my ex wife. Situations beyond my control cause me to make the decision to file for divorce. Even after, the challenge of remaining peaceful still exists.
We share three beautiful sons together and sometimes getting along is a feat in of itself. However, I strive to be a peace maker. The Bible says "let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it." 1 Peter 3:11
PERSONAL GROWTH
WOW, I learned so much about myself. I realized how much growing I needed to do. I had to look in the mirror before writing the book and look within to make sure that I was not being a hypocrite. I needed to make sure that I was applying the principles in the book to my life if I was going to impart those same principles in my readers. I realized that I have a heart for the fatherless and for mentoring.
ADVICE TO YOUNG MEN.......
Advice number one -READ MY BOOK:-)

No but really, I will tell them to seek what manhood truly means at a young age. Find a responsible, caring, Godly man to mentor you. Avoid the belief that you are a man once you have sex. I thought that and I was sorely mistaken. Sex doesn't make you a man, it just proves you are at the age of pubescent. Age is not a barometer for maturity.
"FROM A FATHERLESS FATHER TO HIS SONS"
I didn't have a father growing up. I didn't have the guidance of my father to teach me the lessons I should have learned, instead I learned them by trial and error, many of the lessons learned by error. Today I consider it a privilege that God would entrust me to help raise three boys to become men being that I grew up with out a father to show me hot to be a man. The book is about the lessons I learned growing up with out a father that I am teaching to my sons and the young men I mentor. Hence, From a Fatherless Father to His Sons.
BRINGING HIS BOOK TO LIFE
It was so hard finding the right avenue to go. Not many publishers will publish a first time author. Then you have the vanity press publishers that talk a great game, get you on national talk shows, etc but want like $10,000 up front and do minimal work. I found a great option to get the book out there.
In the middle of me writing the book I was going through issues with my ex-wife, a lovely woman I was getting to know decided that I was not the one, I was having job troubles at that time eventually "HAD" to resign. Me losing my job was a positive though, I spent that time finishing the book. I believe God had to remove me from my comfort zone to get me motivated to finish the book. At the time I felt like I was being attacked but it was really God lining me up for the next phase in my life and that is to help Eradicate Fatherlessness.
LESSONS IN MANHOOD
Age Is Not A Barometer For Maturity - There are 40 year old boys and there are also 17 year old men. Maturity is a major factor in manhood. I learned it is best to seek maturity.
THE MEANING OF FATHERHOOD....
Fatherhood is a joyous privilege of unconditional love and sacrifice to leaving a legacy to a man's children. It is something not to take lightly. Fatherhood is sooooooo important.
A MESSAGE FOR READERS
Absolutely. A man that is alive is always growing. I want to encourage young men to have the mindset that they do not reach manhood, instead they search life long after manhood.
PURPOSE IN LIFE
My purpose is to help rebuild families. Strong families equal strong communities. I will be planting a church in Staten Island where the focus will be to teach sound doctrine and to build and maintain strong families. I am attending Calvary Chapel in Mariners Harbor and the pastor there, Dave Watson, has a heart to mentor. This season I am sitting and learning from him, while reaching out to help build strong families, encourage fatherhood, and to reconnect absentee fathers with their children.
ADVICE FOR AUTHORS
1st. Pray, 2nd. Start writing now. Do not put off. You have a story to tell - so tell it. 3rd. Do not fall for any contract and do not settle for paying thousands of dollars on vanity press publishers. Stay encouraged, and keep moving and writing.
ANDRE'S TRUTH

I am a man that is content in life. I am a man that want to pour into others in hopes of multiplying myself.
As a boy I was confused.
As a man I am seeking growth.
AT MY BEST I AM IN GOD'S WILL.
I want to encourage all who have read this to LIVE A LEGACY. Live beyond yourself and pass on positiveness to the generation behind. Let your legacy live on forever.
WRITTEN & EXPRESSED BY ~AUTHOR ANDRE HARRISON
**************************************************************************************
WOW.....A pastor and an author! I am impressed. What an amazing father and man. Author Andre Harrison has experienced growth in a way that displays his greatness. He is the TRUTH! I love truth because only in truth can we learn life lessons.
Author Andre Harrison has truly tapped into his greatness. How can you not respect, love & appreciate a brother who encourages fatherhood! He is sharing his journey to help others. I feel he is perfectly placed on the path to touch and heal lives. He did an amazing job sharing his truth. We need more fathers and men like him. ~Bindu

ABOUT THE BOOK
"This book contains the lessons that Andre learned growing up without a father that he is teaching to his sons."

"This book will help young men grow into manhood, help single mothers relate to the needs of their sons, and encourage absentee fathers to be active in their children's lives."
**************************************************************************************
CONNECT AND LEARN MORE ABOUT AUTHOR ANDRE HARRISON 
PICK UP YOUR COPY TODAY!!!
http://www.andreharrison.org

https://www.facebook.com/FromAFatherlessFatherToHisSonsBook

http://www.twitter.com/revdrizza

Hard Copy

http://www.andreharrison.org/#!book-store (signed copy)

http://www.amazon.com/From-Fatherless-Father-Sons-Volume/dp/0615633706/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1350351566&sr=8-2&keywords=from+a+fatherless+father+to+his+sons (not signed copy)

E-Book
http://www.amazon.com/From-Fatherless-Father-Sons-ebook/dp/B008NHI35Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350351566&sr=8-1&keywords=from+a+fatherless+father+to+his+sons

About The Book
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16057974-from-a-fatherless-father-to-his-sons

Good Reads
http://www.goodreads.com/andredharrison

4 comments:

TracyBrown said...

Wonderful profile. Andre is leading by example. He is proof that you must go through tests in order to have a testimony. Well done, Bindu. XOXO

Andre Harrison said...

WOW, this is truly amazing. I am an honored and privileged. Thank you so much

BINDU INMYHEAD said...

@ Tracy......I agree with you 100%. I think he is amazing, just like you. I am truly inspired. :-)

BINDU INMYHEAD said...

@ Andre......You are most welcome! Keep doing what you do because you are truly a blessing to many!