Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

"GREATNESS IN YOU- *LISSETTE*

The one thing that defines my greatness is where it all begins and ends for me..."My Kids"!  
I, like yourself, and every great mom in this world we live for our kids.......to raise them to be good, caring, loving, independent, intelligent young adults that will do the same with their children. 
The fact that I had my oldest at the age of 15 and she 
1. Didn't drop out of High School. 
2. Didn't have a baby in her teenage years. 
3. Graduated High School, tried College but realized it wasn't for her and is now moving her way up the ladder in a bank. I'd say that I'm extremely proud of myself for raising her to be better than me.
As a child, I was basically raised by my mom..she and my dad separated when I was really young.  And what I noticed as I got older, that although I love my mom with all my heart.  I realized that my mom didn't know how to be alone.  She remarried and when that didn't work out, she remarried again..lol. 


I laugh about it now, but I didn't know then that it would take a toll on my life.  I myself am at a stage in my life where I'd love to leave my house and run as fast and far from it as possible.  I'm living with a man I no longer love.  Why stay you ask?  Well, not like my mom, I can be by myself.  But I chose to stay for my kids, I chose to raise my kids with both parents in the home rather than let them go visit dad on weekends.  I now realize that I shouldn't have done that and just left when I had the chance...now I feel like I'm stuck. 
So when you ask about my personal growth and worth.....I feel like they kinda sorta come hand in hand, because as much as I didn't want to be like my mom, I kinda didn't, but I made a bad choice by staying.  That led me to make my decision to be the best parent I could be and put my feelings aside.


I don't regret it because I have 3 great kids who have become unbelievable young adults.  I just hope and pray that I didn't ruin them in the process.  I've done my job in raising them and teaching them good values and how to fight for the things they want because in life nothing is handed to you.
As a woman, I work hard. I love my job and love the people I work with.  I hope that this Doctor never dies because this is where I'd love to stay and retire from.  It's taken me forever to find this group of people I love being around, and who can take my mood swings and personality (bitchyness).  Lol..  
I love my family but can do without a few of them in my life...and I'm sure you can already tell that I love, love, love being a mom.  I wouldn't trade my life with my kids for no other.  As far as education...I never graduated from high school and always thought about going back, who knows, maybe that'll be one of my goals in my years to come. 
I have great friends and love them truly.  You're never too old to have crazy friends that can make you laugh just by looking at them.  Sometimes you need that one crazy friend to do crazy things with and make you forget life for a little bit.  I'm very personal and don't like putting my business out there....I only share what I want people to know, but I still love me regardless.  In the end, I've chosen this path in life and whether I love it or hate it...I'm gonna live it and get the best out of it. 

I don't feel sorry for myself because somewhere out there is a woman who's living a far worse life than I am.  I try to appreciate the things I have and go on with my life.  I don't have a personal quote to describe myself...because it would be too bitchy to post...lol 

All I know is that I'm a STRONG HISPANIC WOMAN who aside from the curves that I've been dealt...I'm still living and not giving up on loving life." 
Written by~Lissette

************************************************************************************************************
In my eyes Lissette is the true definition of greatness for many reasons, but my favorite is because of how she handles her life through LOVE.  She has poured all of her strength, courage & love into who & what matters most.......her family!!  We sacrifice so much of who we are or who we could become that when kids begin to grow up, that is the best time to rediscover ourselves & our GREATNESS.  
We all need to be reminded of how amazing we truly are.  Life does not stop after raising a family & preparing your children for a bright future.  Life actually begins each day that we wake up & decide to get the most out of it.  We always have a choice & the opportunity to put our GREATNESS on display.  

In life we don't know if we are doing what's best but she showed her greatness by not straddling the fence & making some very tough life decisions that were unselfish.  She made her choices & stuck by them.  Her goal was a better life for her children & she has gone above & beyond to achieve it!  She offered them that by loving them with all she has.  That takes tremendous greatness!!!  


To know where you are going you have to know where you've been & how you got there.  This is how you get on the right path of learning how valuable & worthy you are.  Lissette is a beautiful woman, but also valuable & worthy of the beautiful blessings that life has to offer.  She's an inspiration to me & she is a true example of the kind of strength & courage it really takes to become *GREATNESS*

No comments: