Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

GREATNESS IN YOU-AUTHOR TRACY BROWN

The one & only TRACY BROWN is not only truly gifted but she is a gift that can only come from God to become a blessing to others.  She is a well known author & the "Essence bestselling author of Aftermath, Snapped, Twisted, White Lines and Criminal Minded".  With so many books under her belt it is very clear that she loves writing & it is most certainly her truest passion & a love in her life. ~Bindu
TRACY SHARE'S HER TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!
2 reasons that I am proud of myself are:

(1) FINALLY putting God first in my life after years of trying to “make it on my own”.  It finally sunk in that I could never be truly happy unless He was at the forefront of my existence.  I spent so many years putting my faith and my trust in people, relying on people for my happiness and expecting loyalty from people.  And finally it sunk in that I will never get all of those things from people.  Only God can provide me with those things, and so I put my faith and my trust in God.
As a result I’ve experienced happiness beyond my wildest dreams.
(2) I’m proud of having the courage to make unpopular decisions, for not caring too much about what other people think about my life and my choices.  Decisions like having my daughter when I was a teenager despite many people encouraging me not to; sending out my manuscript to publishers when many people thought I couldn’t get signed; stepping away from “the crowd” in order to truly work on ME; having the courage to change my hairstyle or rock a bold nail color or a daring outfit without worrying too much about who else might not like it.
So many people (women especially) spend so much time worrying about the thoughts and opinions of others. I’m proud to say that I live my life on my terms. “Either love me or leave me alone.” ~ One of my favorite Jay Z quotes.

1 truth that you really want the world to know & understand about Tracy Brown.
My favorite emotion is TRIUMPH. I love to see or to experience overcoming the odds. That feeling I get when I watch an Olympian achieve a goal he/she has worked their whole lives for is the greatest feeling in the world. I am drawn to people who live triumphant lives. People who are sad, mad, and never glad annoy me. If there was one truth I wanted people to know about me it’s that I am not nor have I ever been a victim. I am victorious over all the drama, the hurt, the negative words, the hate, the lies, the cheating, the abandonment, the being taken for granted. Those things do not define me. I believe that being happy is a choice. If you want to be happy, then BE! And I choose to surround myself with those who are happy in their own lives, and in turn are happy for me and the things I’m accomplishing in my life.
When seeking serenity or peace of mind...
I LOVE spending time alone. At home, my favorite place to seek serenity and peace of mind is in my home office. My father passed away in 2008, and I have many pictures of him in there, his Bible, as well as his favorite recliner. That office, that recliner, that Bible, those pictures give me so much comfort and peace. I call it my “office/prayer closet” because it is the place I go to FIRST when I wake up each morning. I grab a blanket and curl up in his chair and talk to God, read His Word each morning as I watch the sun come up. It has become my favorite part of each day. I also LOVE my yoga class. The silence, the focus on breathing, the meditation, it all calms me. And finally I think my third favorite place to retreat to is a park. Sometimes I will spend an entire afternoon alone in a park, writing, walking, jogging, listening to my music, or just daydreaming. When you go to a place like Central Park in Manhattan or Silver Lake Park in Staten Island and see a clear blue sky, watch the seasons make the leaves on the trees change colors, feel a breeze on your face…there is no greater bliss!
Share an emotional & spiritual space you are in at this point in your life & how do you handle life's disappointments.............
I am spiritually on fire for God! I literally hunger and thirst for more of Him. I haven’t always been this way. In fact, for a long time I was a Christian “on the surface”. But lately, I’ve been praying, meditating on His Word and LIVING it, not just giving it lip service. I feel so alive and so at peace that I can’t even describe it in words. Emotionally, I’m probably the happiest I have ever been in my life. I think my emotional happiness came from my relationship with God and from not expecting fulfillment from sources outside of myself. I’m single and I don’t long to be in a relationship. My number of true friends has decreased drastically and I don’t miss them. My children have reached adulthood (I have a 23 year old, a 21 year old and my 16 year old is close to becoming an adult) and I’m not dreading the empty nest. In fact I’m looking forward to having a home to myself for the first time EVER, traveling without having to worry about anything or anyone but me! 
And I think my attitude about all of these things can be attributed to the fact that I sincerely and genuinely like the woman that I am. I enjoy spending time with me, with God, and I’ve recently done a lot of work on ME. For so much of my life I’ve sacrificed and compromised for other people. I believe that I was an excellent daughter to my dad when he was alive, and even to my biological mother, although our relationship is strained. I have given up a lot for the sake of my children and I believe that I have been a wonderful mom. When I’ve been in relationships I was often too giving, too compromising, and I love hard. But I didn’t always get that back in return. And so now it’s my time to lavish all of that love and attention on ME. I’m experiencing pure joy for the first time as a result of that.
What healthy & positive changes have you made within your life that you are most proud of?

I’ve realized over the past year or so how much I was being weighed down by people around me – both male and female. When you are surrounded by those who love drama, who stir up dissension, who wallow in self pity, who bask in negativity and can’t bring themselves to encourage or be happy for anyone else – all of that weighs you down. People who are unhappy can’t be happy for you. They can’t encourage you if they’re living defeated lives themselves. Liars or those in denial can’t respect the truth when they hear it from you. So the healthiest and most positive change that I’ve made recently was to step away from the crowd and focus on my own journey. Matthew 7:13 says, “"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.” It’s like the “road less traveled” that Robert Frost spoke about in his poem. Many people are at the parties, getting drunk, getting high, gossiping, hating on other people, being destructive. And I was once right there on that crowded road right along with them. But it became too much for me and now I’m on a less traveled path. The path I’m on is not enticing to some folks, and we’ve had to go our separate ways. And I’m fine with that. I’m proud of myself for that. A friend told me that it takes bravery to walk away from the crowd and do your own thing. So in a nutshell, I’m proud of myself for being brave enough to DO ME. It is the healthiest and most positive change I’ve made in a long time.
If you take away all of your achievements, titles, roles you play & hats you wear how would you define yourself? In other words who was Tracy then & who is she today?
Tracy Brown is a survivor! A warrior! I have seen and done a lot of things in my lifetime. I’ve weathered many storms, overcome a million obstacles. The odds have been stacked against me and I overcame them. I’ve made a ton of mistakes and learned from them. I’m a woman who marches to the beat of her own drum, who isn’t afraid to stand out. I am an army of one.
2 strong quotes that best describes who you truly are within.............
The first would be my favorite phrase of all. It is my mantra. “DREAM BIG!” I have always been a daydreamer, imagining wonderful scenarios that I wish for myself. I believe that anything is possible, if you believe in yourself. The second is a scripture that a friend shared with me recently. Genesis 50:20 “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.” There have been times in my life that terrible things have been said and done to me. I didn’t understand it THEN, but I do now. I don’t believe in coincidence. I believe that everything happens for a reason. So the fact that I have endured and survived so much hardship and heartache coupled with the fact that I have been blessed with a career as a writer is not just some fluke. I was MEANT to use the experiences I’ve had and the lessons I’ve learned to “save” others – especially other women – from making the same mistakes. The biggest lesson I’ve learned is the power of forgiveness. It can transform your life if you forgive those who hurt you. It can doom you to a life of misery if you don’t. So by sharing my journey through my writing, I’ve flipped the script on those who tried to hurt me. They’ve only made me more triumphant.
The Tracy Brown Chronicles
Readers can check out my blog at  http://tracybrownwrites.blogspot.com/ and my books are available in bookstores worldwide, as well as online and at your local Target and Walmart.
Please add, say or write about anything you feel should be added to this feature about you.......
I want to thank you, Bindu, for giving me the honor of answering these questions and sharing my views. I am a huge fan of your resilient and loving spirit. It’s refreshing to be in the company of women who encourage and uplift one another and I’m grateful to you for this discussion.  Thank you, sister girl, and much, much LOVE! 
 Written & expressed by God's BEAUTY.......AUTHOR TRACY BROWN 

2 comments:

NicBooGie said...

What an inspiring and inciteful piece of work ! Great author .I honestly wish her much present and future success.

BINDU INMYHEAD said...

@ NicBooGie......She is amazing! Thanks for sharing such positive feedback. I say this all of the time "WOMEN ARE POWERFUL"....*TRUTH* Blessings to you!! :-)