Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

FACEBOOK FEEDBACK- *TRUTH*



Every single time I try to post I come across something that drives my point home about some of the issues I love to touch on. This post was taken from a friends facebook page. (A very intelligent young black man & former classmate of mine said:

"From "Black is Beautiful" to Butt injections, lace front wigs, skin bleaching, plastic surgery & Barbie Doll feature-like obsession??? #How..." 


That is some raw *TRUTH* & I'm happy he said it......My outlook is how do we look a little deeper into what it really means just to see if there just might me some self hate or self worth issues going on. 

Hey, I could be completely wrong but I will never know if I don't ask, share my truth & experiences as well as hear the voices of others regarding this topic. 




PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG & SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS OR JUST READ & TAKE THIS ALL IN:

TRUTH: "SOME" Dark skin black males have truly hurt dark skin black females. (When I say "black" I mean specifically African Americans, because there are dark skin in ALL cultures, Hispanic, Guyanese, etc....And you are kidding yourselves if you think that they are claiming "BLACK & PROUD". Some but not most) Sorry but I'm sharing truth today so here we go......*BRACE YOURSELVES BUT FOCUS ON HEALING THE HURT*


TRUTH: It begins in the home. "SOME" Black women in, near, around & out of our lives, for example: our great grandmothers, grandmothers, mothers, aunts, godmothers, cousins, friends, teachers, mentors, role models, etc..... they played "favorites" among their very own children & family members. They pointed out "good hair". They pointed out who was pretty & who want not. They taught light skin was better. They pointed out "skin tone, color & complexion". They made living as a child & growing into true worth very difficult & uneasy. 

I know exactly where self hate stems from but what I'm saying is when do we end it? How do you step into a world of hatred when you've never been armed with self love by being offered unconditional love from birth? How does that work?



FOR MORE TRUTH....CONNECT WITH ME ON FACEBOOK @ https://www.facebook.com/binduinmyhead

No comments: