1. It's rude...........I understand why people do it but it's still rude.
2. It's uncomfortable.......Imagine how uncomfortable families feel.
3. It's stressful.......People staring during a meltdown adds to the stress.
4. It's hurtful......Getting "THE LOOKS" is hurtful because you love your child.
5. It's mean.......BE NICE! Staring with annoyed faces make the situation worse & it's just mean.
Whenever you see a parent, sibling, guardian or family with a hyperactive child or what looks like temper tantrums, PLEASE SHOW COMPASSION! Most times the situation is far more complicated than a spoiled, stubborn & misbehaving kid that doesn't want to listen or needs a nap.
Walking from the front door to the car is difficult some days, so imagine how frustrating socializing is for Autistic children. No kid wants to be left out. This can happen several times or all day until they go to bed....you just never know what will set them off. Don't stare, instead give the family space & time to calm their Autistic Angel down during those stressful moments throughout the day.